Thursday, January 3, 2013

Cadbury's 5 Star




I hate caramel in chocolate. I mean, do the chocolate makers of the world have no care for children with crooked teeth? Eating a Cadbury 5 Star meant dawging lige thees while my nails and tongue frantically tried to dislodge gooey caramel-y bits from the impossible corners of my mouth. I, however, ate them because thoughtless relatives continued to bring them for me. It was only when I grew up enough to tell them that I preferred Dairy Milk, that my teeth were liberated.



But no chocolate review blog can be taken seriously if it doesn't review Cadbury's 5 Star. For the sake of our collective childhood memories, I picked up a bar for a review; the tiniest one I could find.While the packaging has undergone quite a few changes since I was a child, the quality of the chocolate seems to have remained the same. The same layers of chocolate, caramel and nougat, and the same sickly sweetness. The stickiness, on the other hand, seems to have decreased, or perhaps my teeth have really 'grown up' since.

But 5 Star does not manage to get back into my good books. No sir, I am not buying a standard 100 g bar of 5 Star priced at Rs. 10 anytime soon, the successful (and irritating) Ramesh-Suresh ad campaign notwithstanding.

RATING: 2.5/5


No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like